Field Service Representative
Applications are currently being accepted for a Field Service Representative. If you or someone you know may be interested, please have them submit a resume for consideration to Lori Pheigaru, HR. Their resume should include your applicable skills and education for the position.
Deadline for submitting your resume is Monday, June 26, 2017 at 4:00p.m. CST.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based in Ottawa, Kansas USA region, this position will be responsible for providing technical support to the Terminal Tractor product line. The Field Service Representative will have continual contact with dealers and customers regarding the diagnosis and repair of problems experienced in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical service support and guidance to NA Kalmar Dealer Service and Sales personnel, and/or end users to determine and correct the root cause of the reported machine down situation.
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic control systems and provide repair recommendations and failure analysis assistance over the phone, e-mail and in the field.
- Provide answers to technical questions related to the vehicle and all components.
- Manage dealer and end user repairs.
- Assist warranty administrator as needed.
- Assist technical trainer as needed.
- Maintain Daily contact log
- Other tasks and special assignments assigned
- BS degree in Automotive Management or Associates and/or Vocational Certification with emphasis on vehicle maintenance highly preferred. High School diploma or equivalent work and education in lieu of degree required
- At least two (2+) years of prior vehicle maintenance experience required.
- Hands on Mechanical equipment repair, including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic control systems preferred in similar product.
- Ability to Train: Dealer Technicians and “Train the Trainer”
- Experience working in a Commercial or Technical environment
- Strong Technical Aptitude to understand and read Engineering specifications and blueprint schematics
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis skills
- Communicate effectively within different levels of Industrial terminology/jargon
- Prefer prior experience with Diagnostic Tooling software systems
- Candidate must possess comprehensive terminal tractor product and system knowledge of current and past Kalmar TT products
- Strong understanding of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic control systems.
- Highly proficient using MS Office (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), keyboarding and 10 key
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to effectively understand problems and describe solutions as well as make presentations, in a training environment, on the aspects of the equipment operations.
- Ability to listen, interpret and, understand diagnose technical and mechanical issues
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete tasks
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- High Attention to Detail
415 E Dundee
Ottawa, Kansas 66067
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.