Human Resource Generalist
Applications are currently being accepted for a Human Resource Generalist. If you or someone you know may be interested, please have them submit a resume for consideration to Lori Pheigaru, HR. Their resume should include your applicable skills and education for the position.
Deadline for submitting your resume is Monday, June 26, 2017 at 4:00p.m. CST.
The primary function the HR Generalist is to support the Ottawa MAU Plant as part of the Human Resources team. Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the primary objective for this role is to provide HR support related to employee relations, hourly benefits, staffing, training, policy and contract administration, and general site support. This role will also work on ad hoc projects to improve processes and implement projects to support the HR strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Complete compliance oriented tasks including keeping track of and reporting on employee documentation, benefits and pay.
- Provide support on contractual requirements. Administer contractual bidding process per the collective bargaining agreement and maintain proper documentation
- Managing performance reviews and handling organizational development.
- Administer and manage FMLA & Short Term Disability programs including tracking medical approvals, usage hours and interaction with 3rd party vendor
- Complete hourly employee data entry into HRIS systems for new hires & changes and maintain data integrity. Provide regular and ad hoc reporting and analyses.
- Administer Health Insurance plan (enrollments, terminations, billing)
- Administer Safety Shoe reimbursement program
- Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core human resources processes
- Safety Committee and Special projects team member
- Administer the hourly employee hiring and onboarding processes.
- Support recruitment activities for union and non-union positions as needed (job fairs, etc.)
- Coordinate employee relations activities including meetings, special events and other activities
- Additional miscellaneous Human Resources tasks (i.e. billings, purchasing cards)
- Associates Degree in HR- HR Certification or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3+ years of human resource specialist/generalist role within a manufacturing organization is required.
- Experience working with a CBA in a Union environment is helpful
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- FMLA administration
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Previous experience with HR systems is a strong plus
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Customer focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Detail orientated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage confidential data
- High level of integrity and sincerity
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed
- Proven ability to learn quickly and multitask effectively
- Ability to deliver results in a very challenging and fast-paced environment
- Willing to take on new tasks, Ability to Influence, Business Minded, Team oriented, Results Focused
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and G-Suite software. MS Excel & Google Sheets
415 E Dundee
Ottawa, Kansas 66067
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.