Applications are currently being accepted for a Material Planner. If you or someone you know may be interested, please have them submit a resume for consideration to Lori Pheigaru, HR. Their resume should include your applicable skills and education for the position.
Deadline for submitting your resume is Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. CST.
Position will report to the Material Planning & Logistic Manger, Kalmar Solutions LLC.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based in Ottawa, KS, this position is responsible for daily supply chain management activities including: forecast integration, demand management, supply planning, inventory management and scheduling for assigned commodities and/or components as well as the flow of goods between assigned MAUs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors actual and forecasted consumption of materials and orders replenishment stock.
- Manage timely and efficient processing of purchase orders. Monitor the status of open purchase orders including delivery and quality issues that may affect status.
- Review and evaluate safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, supplier and QA lead times on a regular basis to identify continuous improvement opportunities including but not limited to inventory reductions.
- Manage the replacement of rejected/non-conforming material through the NCR process.
- Maintain and input material master data into planning systems.
- Resolves material issues as they pertain to quality and production through close cooperation with Strategic Purchasing, QA, and Engineering.
- Tracks and reports vendor supply issues to Strategic Purchasing.
- Maintains knowledge of suppliers’ operations and capabilities.
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of all material requirements and issues affecting product availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in planning with in-depth knowledge of MRP system and inventory management, preferably with an OEM or tier 1 supplier environment
- Subject Matter Expert: Strong knowledge of production supply chain principles.
- Communication: Strong influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Problem Solving: Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Lingual Skills: Foreign language comprehension and experience working with suppliers in Europe, SA and ASIA is a major plus.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment parts; some knowledge of engineering is a plus.
- A “Can Do” attitude and sense of urgency is required to meet deadlines and to impact our overall performance.
- Ability to listen, communicates clearly, and works well with others
Kalmar offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
For further information please contact Lori Pheigaru 1-785-229-1147.
Please submit your application, resume and salary request by 25 July 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.