Applications are currently being accepted for a QEHS Manager. If you or someone you know may be interested, please have them submit a resume for consideration to Lori Pheigaru, HR. Their resume should include your applicable skills and education for the position.
Deadline for submitting your resume is Friday, June 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. CST.
Position will report to the Director of Operations.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based in Ottawa, Kansas USA region, the incumbent will manage the performance of QEHS activities in pursuit of overall company objectives. Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating Quality and EHS efficiencies within the plant. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of Quality and EHS associates to achieve company vision and objectives in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Manage and maintain the company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) encompassing IS0:9001, IS0:14001, and OHSAS:18001
- Full financial budget and cost responsibility for department
- Review products, processes and systems on an ongoing basis for continuous improvement
- Oversee the product manufacturing process to ensure quality
- Actively participate in cross-functional meetings/teams to improve the quality of the product and/or processes
- Lead Safety Committee and ensure the company is following EHS regulations
- Liaise with all heads of departments to ensure safe working practice throughout the company
- BS Degree in related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5+) years of Quality and EHS management experience
- Experience in TQM, ISO 9000
- Extensive computer experience with Microsoft Office and above average data entry skills
- Knowledge and implementation of the following systems: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Internal Audits, External Audit coordination, Root cause analysis, Lean Manufacturing, Customer Complaint Investigations, EHS standards/tools and practices
- TQM knowledge and implementation
- Leadership skills, Coaching/Mentoring/Motivating personnel
WORKING TOGETHER WITH:
- Sourcing and Supply Development
- Cross-functionally with other teams/departments locally and globally to ensure Quality and EHS requirements are met
415 E Dundee
Ottawa, Kansas 66067
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.