Warehouse Supervisor, 2nd Shift
Applications are currently being accepted for a Warehouse Supervisor, 2nd Shift. If you or someone you know may be interested, please have them submit a resume for consideration to Lori Pheigaru, HR. Their resume should include your applicable skills and education for the position.
Deadline for submitting your resume is Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. CST.
Based in Ottawa, KS, this position is responsible for supervising the 2nd Shift warehousing, shipping, receiving and material handling activities. This includes direct supervision of approximately five (5) hourly employees to drive continuous improvement actions for Key Performance Indicators. This role will report to the Materials Manager.
Via interaction with other department supervisors, improve service to internal and external customers through the use of Lean enterprise activities, with a keen understanding of the appropriate warehouse and material handling methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and provide parts technical support
- Work with the Service Managers to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Execute business and sales strategies, while achieving daily, monthly and annual sales quotas and goals.
- Measure and track key performance metrics.
- Support customer relations
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, or associated field. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3+) years in Warehouse supervision
- Experience in inventory management and auditing
- Results driven – Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Strong leadership skills
- Good understanding of mechanical components and associated repair
- Clear understanding of customer service, sales and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiar with Google G-Suite and prior ERP experience preferred
Kalmar offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
For further information please contact Lori Pheigaru 1-785-229-1147.
Please submit your application, resume and salary request by 25 July 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.